Be Powerful! Use Your Strength in the Service of Others.

Be Powerful!

Use Your Strength in the Service of Others.

Our Mission

“My promise is to be there for my clients every day.”

The best part of my job is the clients I work with. Every day, I meet and am inspired by individuals who give of themselves in the service of others. I am honored and proud to be a part of these exceptional stories and to help these everyday heroes to achieve their dream of building their nonprofit organizations.

My promise is to be there for my clients every day, accessible to answer any questions, thorough and diligent with all the required documentation, and determined to get the work completed as quickly as possible.  We’re in this together!

Touria Mobin
Attorney at Law

CA Bar License # 309347



Your nonprofit in record time for $2500 Period.

We provide a comprehensive package including a GUARANTEE OF SUCESS. The package includes all documentation required by the federal government as well as the state of incorporation to have your organization recognized as a nonprofit corporation including:

Filing Articles of Incorporation
Drafting of the Corporate Bylaws and Conflict of Interest Policy
Obtaining Employer Identification Number (EIN)
All Required Annual Filings
Filing with the Internal Revenue Service, IRS Recognition and 501(c)3 tax exempt status
Filing of nonprofit application to the state
Required registration with the Department of Justice (Attorneys General’s office in the state of incorporation).

The package fee is $2500 plus government fees.

We provide the following packages if you choose to have our office handle the compliance filing documents on your behalf:

Please refer to your email to sign up for compliance.


The entire process is done online with email and phone

Non Profit Formation

The non profit recognition process is document intensive and involves a number of governmental agencies including the IRS and the Franchise Tax Board. The process takes about 4 to 6 months from start to finish, including the time it takes to receive your 501(c)(3) recognition form the IRS and the State of California. The first step is incorporation in CA which requires an organization to have bylaws and at least three board members.

Our job is to make sure that your organization successfully receives its recognition as a non profit within this time frame. This means that we take care of all of the documentation to all of the governmental agencies, as well as all compliance documentation and the drafting of the bylaws.

Get your 501(c)3 recongition or all your money back!

The entire process is done online with email and phone

Non Profit Formation

The non profit recognition process is document intensive and involves a number of governmental agencies including the IRS and the Franchise Tax Board. The process takes about 4 to 6 months from start to finish, including the time it takes to receive your 501(c)(3) recognition form the IRS and the State of California. The first step is incorporation in CA which requires an organization to have bylaws and at least three board members.

Our job is to make sure that your organization successfully receives its recognition as a non profit within this time frame. This means that we take care of all of the documentation to all of the governmental agencies, as well as all compliance documentation and the drafting of the bylaws.

Get your 501(c)3 recongition or all your money back!


5 Star rating from every single client in 5 years!

5.0 star ratings


Our Privacy Policy
This Privacy Policy describes Our policies and procedures on the collection, use and disclosure of Your information when You use the Service and tells You about Your privacy rights and how the law protects You.
read more…
Why should we work with Blue Field Law?

Unlike other businesses, non-profit formation is the only thing that we do. We are 100% committed to the success of our clients, now and in the future. We have a 100% success rate (every organization we have worked with has received their non-profit recognition) and we have a 5-star rating.

Do you have a guarantee that this will work?

Yes! We sign a contract with you providing a guarantee that your organization will successfully receive its non-profit recognition both from the IRS as a 501(c)(3) and the State of incorporation, or we do not charge a fee.

What does the package include?
  • Drafting of the bylaws
  • Drafting of conflict of interest documentation
  • Incorporation application with the state of residency
  • All federal and state compliance documentation as well as with the non-profit application to the IRS
  • Non-profit application to the incorporation state
  • Initial registration documentation with the DOJ
How much does this cost?

We offer an all-inclusive, comprehensive package which includes all the documentation needed for your organization to successfully receive its non-profit status from the IRS and the state of incorporation, for a flat service fee of $2500.

Why do other organizations like Legal Zoom only charge $400?

Legal Zoom and others do not disclose that $400 is only the first step in a series of steps necessary to be recognized as a non-profit organization. You will have to pay for every step as you go along the process which will cost thousands of dollars more.

Am I working with an attorney who can give me legal advice?

Yes. We are always here to answer any legal questions relating to forming your non-profit organization. You will work one on one with an attorney specializing exclusively in non-profit formation at all times.

How long will it take before I am recognized as a non-profit organization?

The process typically takes between three and six months. We work as quickly and efficiently as possible to ensure that you receive your recognition as a non-profit organization in record time. We have obtained recognition for clients in as little as two months.

Should I start a Private Foundation or is it better a Public Charity.

To qualify for tax-exempt charitable status, both private foundations and public charities must exist for one of the following purposes as stated by the IRS: “charitable, religious, educational, scientific, literary, testing for public safety, fostering national or international amateur sports competition, and preventing cruelty to children or animals.”

The IRS goes on to define “charitable” purposes as “relief of the poor, the distressed, or the underprivileged; advancement of religion; advancement of education or science; erecting or maintaining public buildings, monuments, or works; lessening the burdens of government; lessening neighborhood tensions; eliminating prejudice and discrimination; defending human and civil rights secured by law; and combating community deterioration and juvenile delinquency.

A private foundation is a nonprofit charitable entity that is generally created by a single benefactor, usually an individual or a business. Using this initial seed donation, known as an endowment, an investment is made to generate income, which is then dispersed in the form of grants to individuals or other charities in accordance with the foundation’s charitable purpose.

The most substantive difference between a private foundation and a public charity is the manner in which funds are acquired. A private foundation is generally funded by an endowment from a single source, while a public charity must continually solicit donations from individuals and organizations. Also, a public charity can receive funds from a private foundation, but not vice versa.

A second difference is in how the funds are used. Private foundations make grants to individuals or other charities, while public charities use their money to carry out direct activities.

Establishing a private foundation usually requires a larger up-front commitment of income, both to start the foundation and to pay legal fees.

Public charities generally have higher donor tax-deductible giving limits than private foundations. From an individual perspective, giving to public charities is desirable due to the flexibility accorded in making donations. This allows for the customization of tax strategies tailored to personal preference.

With a private foundation, to get the largest income tax deduction possible, 30% of your pretax income should go into its endowment. Through regular contributions, an individual could save up to 46% on their estate taxes, with any excess being allowed to “carry over” for up to five years.

What are Corporate Bylaws?

Corporate bylaws are a set of rules and regulations that outline how a corporation will operate and be governed. Bylaws serve as an internal guide for the corporation’s governance and operations, and they are not typically filed with any external regulatory body. However, they must comply with the laws of the jurisdiction in which the corporation is formed. Bylaws guide the structure, decision-making processes, and operational procedures of the corporation and are typically adopted by the corporation’s board of directors during the initial formation of the company and can be amended as needed over time.

How do I let people know that I have 501c3 status?

Letting people know that your organization has 501(c)(3) status can be important for building trust, attracting donors, and demonstrating your legitimacy as a non-profit organization. Here are some effective ways to communicate your 501(c)(3) status:

Website: Clearly display your 501(c)(3) status on your organization’s website. You can include this information in the “About Us” or “Mission” section. Use the official terminology such as “a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization.”

Logo and Branding: Incorporate the 501(c)(3) designation into your organization’s logo or branding elements, such as on letterheads, business cards, and promotional materials.

Mission Statements and Materials: Include your tax-exempt status in your mission statements, brochures, flyers, and any printed or digital materials that explain your organization’s purpose and activities.

Social Media Profiles: Update your social media profiles to mention your 501(c)(3) status. Use posts to highlight your status and the impact of your work.

Newsletter and Email Campaigns: Mention your 501(c)(3) status in your organization’s newsletters and email campaigns to your supporters and stakeholders.

Donation Receipts: Include your 501(c)(3) status on donation receipts and acknowledgment letters. This reminds donors that their contributions are tax-deductible.

Events and Public Appearances: Mention your tax-exempt status at public events, conferences, workshops, and speaking engagements where your organization is represented.

Collaborations and Partnerships: When collaborating with other organizations, funders, or partners, share your tax-exempt status to demonstrate credibility and build trust.

GuideStar and Other Directories: Ensure your organization’s profile is up-to-date on platforms like GuideStar, which provide information about non-profit organizations and their 501(c)(3) status.

IRS Portal: The IRS keeps an updated profile of the status of the organization on their portal which is available to the general public.

When can I start collecting donations? The organization is already incorporated, can I start now?

Once your non-profit organization is officially incorporated, you are generally eligible to begin accepting donations. However, it’s important to communicate to your donors that while you can commence collecting donations post-incorporation, donations will only become eligible for tax deductions after your organization receives official recognition from the IRS as a non-profit entity. This transparency ensures that your donors are informed about the tax implications of their contributions.

Our Nonprofit Changed Its Name. How do we notify the IRS?

If your nonprofit organization has changed its name, you’ll need to update the IRS with the new name to ensure that your tax-exempt status and other records remain accurate. Here’s what you need to do:

Update Your Records: Begin by updating your organization’s records internally. This includes updating your official documents, such as your articles of incorporation and bylaws, to reflect the new name.

Amend Your Articles of Incorporation: If your organization is incorporated, you may need to file an amendment to your articles of incorporation with your state’s Secretary of State office. This officially changes the legal name of your organization.

Notify the IRS: To notify the IRS of the name change, you typically need to do the following:

  • Update your organization’s information on your annual Form 990, which you file with the IRS. Report the name change in the appropriate section.
  • If your organization has its own Employer Identification Number (EIN), you can write a letter to the IRS informing them of the name change. Include your organization’s old name, EIN, new name, and a statement indicating that you are still the same entity.
  • If you don’t have an EIN or you want to change your EIN to match the new name, you can apply for a new EIN online through the IRS website. Keep in mind that changing the EIN might have other implications, so it’s a good idea to consult with legal or tax professionals before making this decision.
  • Update Other Agencies: Depending on your organization’s activities and location, you might need to update your name with other relevant agencies, such as your state’s charitable registration office, local government offices, and any grant-making organizations you’re associated with.

Update Public Materials: Make sure to update all public-facing materials, including your website, social media profiles, brochures, and marketing materials, to reflect the new name.

Communicate with Stakeholders: Inform your supporters, donors, partners, and other stakeholders about the name change. This can be done through newsletters, emails, and social media announcements.

Update Bank and Financial Accounts: If your organization has bank accounts, investment accounts, or other financial accounts, notify the respective institutions about the name change.

Monitor Transition: Keep track of all the steps you’ve taken to change your organization’s name and make sure that the transition is smoothly completed.

What is an exempt Private Operating Foundation?

An exempt Private Operating Foundation is a specific type of Private Foundation recognized by the IRS. Unlike traditional Private Foundations, which primarily make grants to other organizations, Private Operating Foundations are actively engaged in their own charitable activities. They exist to directly conduct and carry out charitable programs, rather than solely providing financial support to other organizations.

Can we have members in our Non-Profit?

Yes, non-profit organizations can have members. The presence and role of members in a non-profit organization depend on its legal structure and governing documents. Having members is more common in certain types of non-profit entities, such as non-profit corporations and membership-based organizations. Here’s how it generally works:

Non-Profit Corporations: Non-profit corporations can have members. These members are typically individuals or other entities that have a formal relationship with the organization. Members might have voting rights, elect the board of directors, and participate in certain decision-making processes.

Membership-Based Organizations: Some non-profits are structured around membership models. These organizations have individuals or entities that join as members to receive specific benefits, services, or access to resources. Trade associations, professional societies, and certain advocacy groups often follow this model.

 Does the board actually need to meet?

Yes. The IRS requires for the board of a non profit organization to have at least one annual meeting.

Is  it possible to use the same name of an organization that is based in another country? Or is that copy write infringement?

Using the same name as an organization based in another country can potentially lead to issues related to trademark and copyright infringement. However, whether it constitutes infringement depends on various factors, including the nature of the organization, the geographical scope of its activities, and trademark laws in both the country where the original organization is based and the country where the new organization is being established.

I am absorbing all of these upfront costs, is there a way that I can reimburse myself?

Instead of paying out of pocket for the formation costs of starting your non profit organization, you may donate the funds to the non profit organization (which will be considered a tax deductible to you) and have the organization pay for all of the expenses out of the organizations checking account.

Can corporate board members be family members?

For IRS purposes, relationship among board members is narrowly defined, typically confined to blood, marriage, or outside business connection.  Each of these has limitations also.  Blood relations are family members extending to mother, father, brother, sister, son, daughter, and grandmother or grandfather.  Once it gets to aunts, uncles, and/or cousins, you’re probably beyond the strict definition of blood related.  Marriage relations can include spouse, son or daughter-in-law, and mother or father-in-law.  With regard to business, two or more business partners serving on the board, while collectively owning 35% or more of a for-profit company, are considered related, as are co-workers that have a superior/subordinate relationship at the company they work for.

Former spouses are NOT considered to be related. The IRS considers related board members to not be completely independent, even if the people in question believe they are not subject to influence by virtue of that relationship. Generally speaking, the IRS considers familial relationships to be a conflict-of-interest that impacts the charity.  As such, there are strict rules with regard to nonprofit governance where related board members are involved.  These rules vary greatly, depending upon whether the nonprofit is a public charity or a private foundation.

 How can I use a raffle to collect donations? Does that require a gaming license? Can a nonprofit organization have a gaming license?

Using a raffle to collect donations can be an effective fundraising strategy for non-profit organizations. However, it’s important to be aware of the legal and regulatory requirements associated with conducting a raffle, as they can vary depending on the jurisdiction in which you operate. Here’s some general information:

Many jurisdictions require organizations to obtain a gaming license or permit to conduct raffles, as raffles are considered a form of gambling. The license ensures that the raffle is conducted fairly and transparently and that the proceeds are used for charitable purposes. In many places, non-profit organizations can apply for gaming licenses or permits to conduct raffles. These licenses are usually issued by state or local regulatory authorities. However, eligibility criteria, application processes, and fees can vary significantly by jurisdiction.

Does a non profit organization have to pay the FTB even if it has no revenue?

Once your non profit organization receives its tax exempt status from the state of California, it will no longer be required to pay  taxes to the state for all income received by the organization.

Do I have to file taxes/990N if we have not been approved by the IRS?

During the period when your organization has applied for tax-exempt status but hasn’t yet received a determination letter from the IRS, you aren’t required to file Form 990 or Form 990-N. This is often referred to as the “pre-application period.”

Once your organization receives approval of its tax-exempt status from the IRS, you’ll need to begin filing the appropriate annual information return. Most tax-exempt organizations with gross receipts below a certain threshold file Form 990-N, also known as the e-Postcard. Organizations with higher gross receipts typically file Form 990 or Form 990-EZ.

If your organization’s tax-exempt status is ultimately approved by the IRS, you might be required to file retroactive returns for the period when you were in the pre-application stage. The IRS could require you to file returns for these years to ensure compliance with reporting requirements.

What happens if I don’t file a 990N or my state’s annual filings?

Filing annual reports like the IRS Form 990 or your state’s required filings is crucial for maintaining your non-profit organization’s good standing and tax-exempt status. Not filing these reports can have various consequences, including:

One of the most significant consequences of not filing required reports is the potential loss of your organization’s tax-exempt status. If your non-profit fails to file Form 990 for three consecutive years, the IRS will automatically revoke your organization’s tax-exempt status. This means your non-profit would no longer be eligible to receive tax-deductible donations and could be subject to taxes on its income.

Some jurisdictions impose fines or penalties for late or non-filing of annual reports. These fines can accumulate over time and impact your organization’s financial resources.


Contact Me

    Thank You For Visiting!
    We wanted to let you know that if you have questions you can call us and we answer them for free.