Congratulations! You have decided to start a non-profit. You are probably wondering what the steps are. Don’t worry, we got you covered! Below are the basic steps to starting a non-profit:
- Decide on your mission and choose a name (make sure it represents your mission).
- File Articles of Incorporation (establishes the existence of corporation in the United States)
- Apply for IRS tax-exemption. Tax-exemption means your non-profit will not have to pay taxes on the money it receives and those who donate will be able to receive a tax write-off.
- Apply for state tax-exemption.
- Draft Bylaws. Your Bylaws are the main governing document for your non-profit and will guide how it is run.
- Create a board of directors (it helps to find people in a field that compliment your mission). The directors will jointly supervise the activities of the organization.
Now these may sound easy like checking something off a list (because they are), however, there are rules and regulations to follow. You also need to consider ethics, trust of those you work with, and making sure those you decide to bring along have the same desire as you to be successful.
Ready to get started?
We are devoted to not only making sure your non-profit is properly and legally created, we help you every step of the way! From incorporation, to applying for tax-exemption. We provide our services for one flat rate of $2,500. Don’t let other companies fool you by saying “get your non-profit started for $400!”. That is simply the incorporation fee. You still have to apply for tax-exemption, labor fees and more.
Want to know more about how we can help you? Reach out to us at (email here) or fill out our contact form.
We look forward to seeing the ways you help others and your community!